Monday, November 8, 2010

Real Wedding - Mindy & Erik

Todays Real Wedding feature is really fun because a) its gorgeous! and b) because I met this lovely lady at Andrea's wedding! We were sitting at the same table and she said to me "Congratulations on your engagement,  I read your blog!" .... and let me tell you, I almost passed out. I think I was blushing and smiling for the duration of the reception because of that one little sentence! So without further ado, here is Mindy and Erik's yellow, grey, and red July wedding! 

"My theme wasn't actually thought out, but fell into the idea of "Love". On my response cards we had everyone respond to the prompt "Love Is....". We had awesome responses, some serious, some REALLY funny! From there the word popped up more than I had expected. As far as decor, the wedding came out to be a hodgepodge of things I like. If I had to sum it up, it would be simple/vintage/rustic. I LOVE yellow & grey together and added a little red to spice things up. One of my favorite things we did was a picture collage family tree with vintage frames, and of course the frames where we posted our favorite response cards was so fun to see all put together!
If I could have done anything differently....I would have not planned it from another state :). We were crunched for time at the end, and I feel like some little details got missed.
One piece of advice: Even if your fiance tells you not to stress about the small details- Ignore him! The small details that I stressed over were my favorite parts of the wedding and even the things I feel were most complimented on. In the end, it WAS all worth it!" ( I l-o-v-e that she just said that!!!)



-Venue: Ceremony: Mill Creek Foursquare Church, Reception: Edmonds Yacht Club (the contact was a nightmare, but the room was beautiful)
-Photographer: Dana Pleasant
-Cake: Family Friend :)
-Dress: Maggie Sottero
-Bridesmaids Dresses: JCrew


Thanks love!! 
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...