Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Getting Hitched : Cake Inspiration

We're definitely having a dessert table, filled with all sorts of homemade pies, cakes, cookies, and cupcakes (my Dad makes a mean cheesecake too) - but I would also love to have a small, two tier cutting cake. I sort of like the tradition and meaning - the joint task of the bride and groom cutting the cake is meant to symbolize their first joint task in married life and the gesture of feeding cake to one another is a symbol of the commitment the bride and groom are making. Plus, it is typically the last "item on the agenda" at your wedding reception and so some of your older guests will wait to leave until after the cake is cut. 
Without further ado, my cake inspiration!
Just a simple, two tier cake with buttercream frosting - and of course, an incredible Lollidoll Topper 

Crafty bridesmaid Katherine and I made almost a dozen white cake stands - should our wedding cake stand out more than the other desserts, ie get its own special stand? 

How do you feel about wood cake stands?? Too rustic? Or just right?
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...