Saturday, February 27, 2010

What are your thoughts?

Recently, Martha Stewart Weddings "tweeted" the question - "Does your family do the dollar dance? Email our etiquette expert and let her know askmartha@marthastewartweddings.com". This really got me thinking - and I'm not sure how I feel about money dances. Granted, I have only attended one wedding where there was a money dance and there has yet to be a wedding in my family where the dance takes place - but so far, I feel both for and against money dances.

For some background information, "During a "Money Dance", male guests pay for the privilege of dancing with the bride, and female guests pay for the privilege of dancing with the groom. The custom originated in Poland in the early 1900s in immigrant neighborhoods and is still celebrated at many weddings today. The money is to be used for the bride and groom's honeymoon or to give them a little extra cash with which to set up house."

How do you feel about having a money dance at your wedding? Does your family do it? What are your thoughts? I would love to hear your comments and I also set up a little poll here in the site to get a bit more insight.

The money dance - yes or no?

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...