Thursday, February 25, 2010

Real Wedding: Karalee & Derek

Another gorgeous Real Wedding feature today!

Alright alright, I am a bit prejudice - I have known Karalee since 8th grade and I was privileged enough to be one of her bridesmaids - but I think you will agree with me once you drool all over Karalee's pictures!

Karalee and Derek got married this last summer in Yakima - her oldest brother hosting the tented reception at his house/property in Naches, the house in which Karalee grew up. The bridesmaids and groomsmen wore a sage green color, which was accented by black and reds throughout the reception decor.

Beautiful Karalee and her handsome groom (now husband) Derek

 In Karalee's words : "Some little girls dream about having extravagant weddings. My dream for my wedding was for it to reflect me 100%. I wanted to have a day that I could remember fondly and with happiness instead of remembering a day full of stress and anxiety. I found my dress during my first day of dress hunting in a little boutique in Bellevue. I opted out of a formal guest book, and instead had guests write their well-wishes on a card to be hung on my centerpieces at the reception. I later used pictures from the wedding and the guest's cards to create a scrapbook. We tied bundles of wheat with flowing ribbon to attach to the pews down the aisle in the church, and suspended draping fabric with fishing line in front of the church to create a dramatic look.

For the reception I changed into cowboy boots, and my groom and I arrived in a horse and carriage. The guests then could take rides through the orchards during the reception on the horse-and carriage.

I had my incredible cake-maker, Kerri's cakes, use raspberry branches, blueberries and blackberries on the cake with some pearl-inspired detail on the frosting.

We created some "pillars of light" for when the sun went down stacking japanese lanterns on sticks of bamboo stuck into the ground. The grooms father surprised us with sparklers for our big exit!

My advice to all brides-to-be: forget what everybody says, what any expectations are, and plan a wedding that represents you and your relationship with the love of your life. Oh, and do yourself a HUGE favor and hire a wedding planner!" - Karalee




Photography: Gary A Delp
Catering and planning: A Midsummer Night's Catering
Flowers: Melia's Floral
Cake: Kerri's Cakes
Hair and Makeup: Onyx Salon Spa & Boutique

Thanks Karalee!!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...