Thursday, February 18, 2010

Real Weddings : Kirsten & Andy

Yay for another Real Wedding feature!
(this one is packed with pictures!)

And let me say, I fell in love with this wedding a long time ago and have been more and more impressed with Kirsten and all her hard work ever since! She really has an incredible eye and knack for wedding design (future wedding planner? hint hint!) not to mention she is one of the sweetest girls you will ever know.

Kirsten and Andy got married in Yakima this past summer - outside in the 98 degree heat no less! Her color palate of beautiful grass green and warm chocolate brown were carried throughout so many little details. She has been wonderful enough to tell us all about her wedding in her own words AND fill us in on all her vendors who helped her make the wedding such a beautiful success.

In Kirstens words, "I wanted my wedding to be an experience. I wanted my guests to eat, drink, dance and enjoy themselves. I wanted them to walk away saying, "boy was that a party!" One of the greatest gifts I could have ever received was the gift of joy, laughter and fun I saw on all of my guest's faces! What a blessing! I desired for my event to pop! Stand out! Be something special in my hometown and show my guests a good time! I tried to take earthy tones (browns and greens-my favorites!) to a edgy level without being, well. too harsh. I wanted something unique but not too over the top. I wanted crisp lines with the organic feel of nature. I wanted clean, casual, elegance that inspired my guests!

(Check out those perfect green wedding shoes!!)

We used a great deal of greenery including green and white hydrangeas along with grape vines to line the aisle way at the Ceremony. The bouquets were filled with mini calla lilies, hydrangeas, cobra lilies, orchids, roses, dahlias and more. At the reception, we used light flowy fabric around our huge 30x60 foot tent to add softness along side of the harsh, natural lines of the curly willow that was used in centerpieces and to create the illusion of trees within the tent. We used pops of lime green and brown by hanging parasols upside down among 150+ white Chinese lanterns to add texture to an otherwise sterile tent celling and added warmth with chocolate brown linen overlays. We had TEAMS of people who loved us helping to lift, pin, place and decorate and my God Almighty, we couldn't have been more thankful for them and their hard work!

We included fun activities to our party such as a photo booth which was a total hit (and such a great gift to our guests!), gave everyone Chinese hand fans (due to the 98 degree weather!), and had a send off with the ever-so-popular sparklers, a favorite from my childhood. As a last minute touch we covered our cake with a mosquito net (i.e. something you'd get from Pottery Barn, Target or any home store to drape over your bed) for practicality reasons and it ended up making the cake SHINE! Our photographer set up a flat screen TV and played back quick-edit shots of the ceremony, bridal party, family, my husband and I, etc. from earlier in the day and gave guests a discount if they ordered copies at the reception. He had the option of printing them right there for you! I think my grandmother ordered 7 or 12 shots!
Through planning my own wedding I've learned a great deal. A few of the most important words of advice I can share with other brides are, #1) figure out what is important to you and spend you attention, time and money there. For us, it was our photographer and our (outdoor!!!) venue. If it's your dress, go for it! If it's the food, taste away. If it's the venue, well you get the point. Make your dreams come true with reason! As for the other things- just make a decision and stick to it- otherwise you can spread your thoughts and vision too thin! #2) Know, learn and LOVE that when people offer your a helping hand-they mean it! Take help willingly-don't do it all on your own or your bound to get burnt out. My mother helped me with everything! My brother's Godmother did my centerpieces and threw me a DREAMY bridal shower. My aunt did all of the girl's hair and hosted the most beautiful rehearsal dinner. My grandmother made my bridesmaid's gifts and the list goes on! Friends and family WANT to help you-this is the one time in your life when the only focus is you and your signifcant other-bask in that sun! #3) Take time for you and your soon-to-be. The process of planning your wedding should never be a stressful experience (however, it often is!). After all-this is about the life long commitment you're about to make to another person! Focus on the two of you and what it means to start YOUR life together and your event won't need much else!" -- Kirsten A. Dahlhauser

And even, a little video by Michael Fisk!

-----Kirstens Vendors-----
Reception Venue: Apple Tree Golf Course
Ceremony Venue: Yakima First Presbyterian Church
Photography: Michael Fisk Photography
Videography: Gergory Kearby
Caterers: Apple Tree Golf Course
Cake: Shirley's Cakes
Dress: I Do Bridal, Seattle WA
Tuxes: Men's Warehouse Seattle WA
Bridesmaid's Dresses: Victoria's Bridal Couture
Flowers (bouquet, corsages, boutonnieres, etc): Melia's floral
Makeup: Lisa Wolverton, Ala Mode
Hair: Lis Pedemonte, Arleen Harmon; The Blue Sage Salon
Rings: Bergeron Jewelers, Ken Flaks, family inherited (the band of my engagement ring was my mothers and we had the solitaire put on as an addition)
Accommodations: Hilton Garden Inn
Invitations, save the dates, ceremony programs, etc: Lindsay Merrell, Minute Man Press
Centerpeices and ceremony decor: Carol Barany, Godmother
Music: Entertainment Plus
Rentals:
-Tents: Just Ask Rentals
-Cocktail Tables: Party Palace
-Chinese Lanterns (parasols were purchased from lunzabazaar.com)
-table linens: Weavers Flowers
-Tall centerpiece vases: Melia's floral

Thanks Kirsten!!
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...