Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm Getting Hitched : Favors

I think one of the wedding lessons I learned right away, is that there is no right or wrong way to go about planning your wedding. Like everyones relationship, everyone plans their wedding a different way, in a different order, with a different budget, and a different set of priorities. But the wonderful thing is that at the end of the planning, we all end up married. Me, being overly wedding organized and a list-maker extraordinaire, have even taken a few detours from "the order in which things should happen" (according to Martha Stewart and theknot, gasp!). With our looonnggg engagement, I so far have been able to sort of cherry pick which items I would like to work and focus on (mainly, because we don't actually need to be doing anything yet).

Long story short, I decided on our wedding favors. 
Homemade Jam. 
LOVE these with the tags and twine!

Homemade jam is a thoughtful, yummy favor that won't get left on the table or in the car after the wedding (no one wants a key chain or a candle with your names on it, trust me) - edible favors are the way to go! Plus buying the fruit at local Yakima stands is a great way to support local farms and give our guests a taste of  Yakima produce. Additionally, it can turn into a really fun* family project! (* I say fun, my sisters may use a different word). And small perk here, raspberries are my favorite fruit and also the color of the bridesmaids dresses - so jam favors even fit into our color scheme. Hows that for planning! 
There are a ton of recipes online for jam, but here are two I have bookmarked : Low sugar raspberry jam and Strawberry Rhubarb jam. 

And if you think I won't make a sign for the jam table that says "Spread the Love"... you'd be wrong. 


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...