Monday, September 27, 2010

I love childrens books

Here is something you may not know - every year on our anniversary, I buy my very cute fiancé a childrens book - ones like I love you through and through and Bear of my Heart - books that talk about love. Its a little difficult finding childrens books that don't specifically refer to parent child love but I've lucked out for 5 years now! I was browsing wedding sites the other day (whats new, right?) and came across an article about wedding readings and they listed a few excerpts from childrens books. What a cute idea! And the best part, is that I found the next book to buy Nate! (Spoiler alert if you read this honey) Anyways, here is it... its adorable.

The book is called I Like You by Sandol Stoddard Warburg

 One of my favorite parts -
Everything that happens is nicer with you
I can’t remember when I didn’t like you

It must have been lonesome then
I like you because because because
So many reasons
On the 4th of July I like you because it’s the 4th of July
On the fifth of July, I like you too
If you and I had some drums and some horns and some horses
If we had some hats and some flags and some fire engines
We could be a HOLIDAY
We could be a CELEBRATION
We could be a WHOLE PARADE
See what I mean?
Even if it was the 999th of July

Even if it was August

Even if it was way down at the bottom of November

Even if it was no place particular in January
I would go on choosing you
And you would go on choosing me
Over and over again



*awwwwww*
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...