Monday, February 28, 2011

Advice from another bride

I'm so glad that someone took my very unsubtle hint at writing for this blog! Megan has helped me write a post or two before (remember The Great Garter Debate?) so shes back today to share a little bit more about her wedding planning experience:


"Everyone says that your wedding day is all about you – the bride. 
I always thought that was silly. I mean, after all, you’re not marrying yourself. Right? 

While a good majority of my wedding was all about me, since my hubby really didn’t care what kind of flowers I carried or what color tie the ushers wore, I kept in mind during my planning that this was a day for us. 

So, when I really thought about my wedding, at the end of the day all that I really wanted was: 1) that we were married when it was all said and done and 2) that I wanted my wedding day to reflect what I wanted my marriage to be like – a representation of both myself and Richard (AKA hubby), how we are as a couple, and for it to be filled with joy and happiness. I wanted our wedding to show how much we love each other and with those two things in mind, it was so easy to plan out my wedding. I didn’t stress out too much (ok, I may have had a meltdown or two… but hey, I’m not perfect!) during the planning process and I am so thankful for that. I didn’t get too caught up in the frenzy that can quickly capture a bride’s mind and time. Between taste testing different cakes then running to the gym afterward to make sure you still fit in your dress to picking out place cards and the perfect font, a bride can very easily get lost in all the taffeta layers of wedding planning.

My low stress levels were also due to the fact that I was engaged for two years (I’m pretty sure Kalea is copying me!). Because of the two year engagement and keeping my two goals in mind, I was able to focus on my relationship with my soon-to-be husband and celebrate the joyous day that everyone was putting so much time and effort into. 

Remember, this is a celebration! 

Here are a few details from my perfect day:
-I carried a bouquet of hydrangeas, dahlias, tulips, and some other random flowers I plucked from my mom’s garden. We purchased some from Pikes Place in Seattle and they were arranged by a family friend.

-For all of you Yakima brides out there, we were married and had our reception at the Harman Center.

-We used Parson’s Photography (based out of Wenatchee).

-And Memory Montage Productions (based out of Yakima).


-The groomsmen’s gift included silly boxers that made for a perfect photo op.

And we were married and are living happily ever after!"


Thanks Megan!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...